Daniel and I had the utmost pleasure of being a part of the Backstage event in Atlanta for ORIBE. It was an AMAZING educational experience! The focus of the class was on one of the looks that they created for the “La Fama” show that they did back in June.
It was inspired by the melodramas in the Spanish telenovelas to show classic beautiful women in these amazing hairstyles. This particular style is based on a cascading finger wave in the back with a beautiful finger wave bang in the front.
Here is how we got this look:
1. Section off the front of the hair in a triangle and keep it separate from the rest of the hair.
2. Take one inch sections in the front (basically the sideburn area near the temples) on both sides and pull it up to the top and place in a rubber band to make a pony tail.
3. Do a classic pin curl set – you can either do it with a wet set, gel, and a drier OR you can take individual sections and use the SOFT LACQUER from ORIBE and use a small curling iron (the smaller the better) and curl the hair. Then place the hair in a classic pin curl.
When doing the pin curls either way (wet or with curling iron) use one inch sections and curl the first section to the LEFT and then clip the pin curl to the LEFT so you know what direction it was in. In the next one inch section curl to the RIGHT and pin accordingly so you can keep track. It also helps to keep the rest of the hair out of the way in a low pony tail so your sections stay clean. This will take a LONG amount of time and don’t rush it.
4. Repeat the same technique in the front bang section.
5. Take the pin curls out in the back first. Then brush them out. It is best if you brush them out section by section by grabbing the hair with the bristles underneath the curls until the frizz is brushed out BUT the curls are still in it.
6. Use IMPERMEABLE by ORIBE to then take the “set” and make it into a finger wave pattern. Use a comb at the top section and grip the hair and push it up – a wave will begin to form. Clip on the top and the bottom of the wave. Repeat over and over.
7. Spray IMPERMEABLE by ORIBE over the entire back section to set in the form then do the same to the front.
8. Spread apart the hair to add fullness and to hide the pony tail that we created in the front. Use the base of the front pony tail to secure the waves with hair pins.
We LOVED this look! It was so reminiscent of Old Hollywood Glamour – it was sexy and retro with a beautiful modern twist.
We are super excited about working with ORIBE in the future! We loved this class – Daniel was thrilled that the hairstyle was challenging – it was a very complex style.
Here is what Daniel had to say about this experience:
I felt really inspired and energized after this class in Atlanta – it was totally worth the trip! Everyone was so nice, and it was great that all of the instructors were there to help out on any step of the way. I am very happy to be a member of the ORIBE family – and very excited to be a part of their events in the future!
We had photos taken at the event – and as soon as we get them I will share them with you all!!!
Don’t forget to check out our AWESOME website as well: http://www.salonteasenaples.com!